Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hockney Style Joiners

Hey guys it's Hailee. This weeks project was photomontages. I think David Hockney's photomontages are different from mine because, he would take his pictures on poloroids, while I take pictures on my iPhone 6 and Mr. Sanderl's camera. After a while, David Hockney switched to oil paints, then to acrylic paints.

Images can send a lot of emotions to people when they first see an image. Just like the quote, "A picture is worth a thousand words" you can feel either positive or negative emotions. For an example, whenever i see a photo with a lot of  light blue or purple, I find it very calming. If i see a picture with dark clouds or an image with gloomy colors such as gray, I feel a little sad or depressed.

For my final photomontage, I took a picture of my dog, Persephone. The reason why I picked her to be my main subject for our final photomontage is because we had to take 25 photos of something meaningful to you. Persephone is meaningful to me because she is my first pet. When people see my photomontage of Persephone, I want them to feel happy because, when I first got her, I was happy. Also, if you look closely at that photo, you can see that Persephone is smiling. I hope you guys liked this blog post. Bye!




         

No comments:

Post a Comment